HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - IS IT ILLEGAL TO HUNT FOODPLOTS IN PENNSYLVANIA?
Old 01-22-2003, 11:58 AM
Buck Magnet

Default IS IT ILLEGAL TO HUNT FOODPLOTS IN PENNSYLVANIA?

Hey guys,

I was wondering if any of you knew this question. If you were to plant a food plot in Pennsylvania, could you hunt over it. The PGC regulations book is a little sketchy on this. It says ...

Taking Advantage of Food or Bait: It is unlawful to hunt in or around any area where artificial or natural bait, food, hay, grain, fruit, nuts, salt, chemicals, or minerals, including their residues, are used or have been used within the past 30 days as an enticement to lure game or wildlife regardless of type or quantity. Hunters should remember that they are responsible for ensuring that the hunting area has not been baited before they begin hunting. They should physically inspect the field, marsh, or woodlands; question landowners, guides, and caretakers, and take other reasonable steps to verify the legality of the hunting area.

I am just not sure how to read this. I would like to plant a plot this spring, well, no matter what I am going to, but, I was just wondering if I started seeing nice bucks in it, if I would be allowed to hunt it in archery season. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

Good Luck This Season: Buck Magnet

Check out my hunting PICS here http://community.webshots.com/user/buckmagnet