HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Renegade half cock..................
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2007, 09:21 AM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Renegade half cock..................

ORIGINAL: Pioneer2

I just got my damaged lock back from TC.Had a broken tumbler so they replaced all of the working parts stem to stern.The half cock setting to allow loading is too close to the nipple to be of any use.Is this adjustable or do I need a shorter nipple.Not sure what brand these are?It's an older Renegade in .54cal.My son's .50 TC Hawken sits much higher on half cock to allow plenty of room for loading and has a notch cut in the hammer to direct gas away from the shooters face.Not sure what's up?The Canadian TC warranty place is slower than a tax return.................Harold
Pioneer2- I have a Renegade that cocks the same way. The half cock is so close that you could not put a cap on it, or slip a capper between the hammer and the nipple. I do not really get too excited about it. I cock the rifle and cap it. Then I carefully lower it to half cock. The nice thing about the hammer being that close to the nipple is, a tire valve stem cap will fit right under that nipple, the hammer will hold it in place, and this gives you a second safety of sorts, and helps to keep water off the cap when you hunt.

Just make sure you test the rifle and that it fires caps without a problem. There is no way to adjust that which I know of. Unless the hammer can be taken off and repositioned somehow.