HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bowhunting TV Shows - likes/dislikes?
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2007, 07:06 AM
GMMAT
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Bowhunting TV Shows - likes/dislikes?

Lady Forge that's great.

SOME OF THE THINGS I DISLIKE SEEING IN A HUNTING DVD
1. A hunt where after the shot the camera man dosent beat the hunter to the downed animal... and then the hunter has to Fake the Reinactment of finding the downed animal.....( EXAMPLE.... The Camera man is filmingfrom behind or beside the downed deer and films the hunter faking findinghis downed deer while they are walking up totheir deer that has already been posed and cleaned of any blood)I hate watching the fake acting on the hunters behalf.... show us the real thing.... we all know a fake when we see it.
Having never taken a deer before last year.....I had to track 2 out of 5. I can't explain to someone who doesnt hunt the feeling you have inside.....knowing you have shot an animal.....but have yet to recover it. It's indescribable the emotions that you're feeling. I wonder what I look like when I finally lay eyes on "my" deer. I know what that feeling is like. I wasn't prepared for it, last year. Tracking and recovering deer is something I never thought would be as enjoyable/fulfilling an experience as it has turned out to be (for me). I don't mind saying it's emotional.

If someone could capture the true essence of a hunter.....through this process.....I'd pay good money to see it.