HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bowhunting TV Shows - likes/dislikes?
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2007, 06:37 PM
MDBUCKHUNTER

Default RE: Bowhunting TV Shows - likes/dislikes?

I don't like quick kills. One moment the hunter is talking to a camera man and the next moment there is a 12 point buck laying on the ground with them standing over it.

I don't like not knowing about a stand setup. Why did you choose to pick this stands vs. the others.

I do like upclose footage of kill shots. I like to see the arrow placement.

I don't like when it is obvious that the camera crew found the deer first and then back tracked to the hunter to get that perfect shot.

I don't like an overkill of sponsorship. The bow says PSE, the hat says PSE, the shirt underneath the jacket that is half way open says PSE.

I don't like seeing a hunter walk up and grab the deer. They should poke it first to make sure it is dead.

I don't like to see the hunters with a dead deer and have dogs present. I think that is a lame way to hunt.

I don't like seeing fishing stars, country music stars and/or baseball stars hunting. Why? Because they always give a segment about that persons career someplace in the show. I could really care les.

I don't like seeing people hunt over bait. (whitetails only)

I don't like music in the background. I like to hear the animal walking and the sound of the bow.

I don't like a hunter who is 100% camoflauged except his freaking gold watch.

I do like seeing hunters pass up on younger bucks.

I do like learning about food plots.

I do like watching hunters check their equipment at a makeshift range prior to the hunt.

I hate when bowhunting is mixed with gun hunting.

I hate when there is bird hunting on tv in the same episode as whitetail hunting.

I want to see a fat guy breathing his lungs out and sweating when he gets to his deer stand. This is a more realistic situation.

I hate when they park near their stand. ATV, Truck, Buggy...whatever.

Sincerely,
MDBUCKHUNTER

(I guess I had to vent a little)