HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - There's something about a gun store.......
Old 06-24-2007, 07:28 AM
Maine Shooter
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: There's something about a gun store.......

There's basically two I go to. One is a small one that I've known the owner of for years. Doesn't carry alot of inventory and prices can be high on some stuff but he'll order whatever I need for 10% and get's it to me fast. Offers up his camp/property for me to hunt on too. Great place stop in an chat as there's always someone else in there doing the same thing.
The other shop is a big privately owned sporting goods store. They've got a LOT of firearms inventory- meaning 1000's. They have good clerks and a few that I'll avoid altogether. prices are either really good or a bit high but I have grabbed a few VERY good deals from there. It's almost an hour away so I don't get there just by being in the area. they've got a huge ammo and reloading dept also which is nice ifneed somethingifferent. best part is I can check thier used inventory online and have them hold an item for me untilI get there in person. Theyll email pics of their stuff too.

Now ifI really gotta get something and it's a pricey one and the extra 10% will hurt, I get it from my brother.