HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Tracking wounded deer with dogs
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2007, 08:18 PM
vtdeertracker

Default RE: Tracking wounded deer with dogs

I never imagined the amount of deer that got wounded each year and lost until I became licensed to track. Unfortunatly I wounded a big 8 pt and couldnt find anyone licensed to track for me so thats why I did it myself. I have 2 dogs I run but only one at a time. They have to be on a harnass at all times and under controll.This will be my 8th year tracking and its just as fun now as it was then. To see a hunters face when the dog finds the deer 2 miles the OPPOSITE direction the hunter INSISTED it went so something else, or the smile on a young kids face......priceless.....altho some hunters think that when a god doesnt find their "MORTALY" hit deer that the dog is no good and should stay home on the couch. There is one little fact he doesnt understand.......we are out there because of him....and in this state <VT>........we can not charge for our services. 50 - 60 tracks a year takes alot of time away from our hunting and families. ANywyas...would like to here about your encounters with a "dog tracker" if anyones got 1.