HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Center the Pin Guard in the Peep?
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2007, 06:57 AM
davidmil
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Center the Pin Guard in the Peep?

I used to shoot NFAA tournaments in the Southeast for several years. Even though I like the centering of the whole gang in the peep that Len put me on to, I have to agree with a lot of things Arthur said. People are really missing out on a lot of funby skippingone and two or three day NFAA shoots. For several years I was somewhere every weekend in Ga, Fla, Alabama or SC flinging arrows. I shot a WHOLE lot of arrows on non tournament days. I shot bowhunter limited(fingers, short stabilzers allowed and 5 pins. I'd practice several hours a day(usually 150-200 arrows. I had an 80 yard range in my back yard. I'd shoot 100 arrows or a complete round, take a break and go back at it. I did it as preparation for hunting. Others did like they do today, a special set up for hunting and a different set up for tournaments. I showed up with my hunting rig at hunting poundage with my fat old arrows with 125 grain points. It made me a better hunter. At the time there was a young punk that shot barebow... nothing but a stick and a string. He used to outshoot most of the unlimited freestyle shooters. I think he was 18 when I first hooked up with him. You know him as Jessie Morehead of Muzzy fame. And Arthur, we were a heck of a lot better than we are now.[&:][:@] That said, I love centering the gang in the peep. I can have a lot bigger peep and be accurate and see what's going on. The centering becomes automatic in no time. Add a nose button to the string(another Len add on)and I can shoot in the dark. Anchor under all conditions is automatic and repeatable.