HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - There's something about a gun store.......
Old 06-21-2007, 09:43 PM
Pawildman
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: There's something about a gun store.......

Anybody ever been to Grice's in Clearfield, PA.? One of the largest dealers east of the Miss. river. It's a big store, and if they don't have it there, it will be there in short order, usually. Don't have a used gun you're looking for? Very surprising. More guns on the used rack than most dealers have in stock as new.
Need a question answered? The counter staff is very friendly and will try it's best to help you.
I don't work at or for Grice's. I have just bought lots of guns through them, and have been treated like I was a special person each time. I get regular flyers about their sales, as do most of the big name places. They are a large dealer in a very rural area of rural PA. All the wizz-bangs ang gimcracks of hunting and shooting are available there, from tagets of all sizes to most of your advanced-grade loading equipment with knowlegeable people to explain it to you if you have questions.
I also deal with a local guy who is small and does what he can to satisfy my immediate needs for powder, primers, etc., but often has to special order bullets of some of the more non-standard calibers I shoot. God love him. He is out there doing a service for the local hunting/shooting public that only a small-town dealer can do, and he fills my basic needs just fine. He cannot, however, compete price-wise usually with the big guys. I buy from him when I can, but as I stated before, if there is a special on something I've gotta have, I'm heading North to Grice's. And the best thing of all, Grice's is only an easy 1/2 hr. ride from camp. How smooth is that???