HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - There's something about a gun store.......
Old 06-21-2007, 02:39 PM
SwampCollie
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: There's something about a gun store.......

Where is the gun shop with the girls at? Gander Mtn ain't no gun shop...and those "gun shop girls" are cashiers.

My gun shop is a high-end place. Sure we sell the standard fodder, the 870s and 700s, but our niche is the nice stuff you can't get at Dicks. You'll find we are the only Blazer dealer in the state, as well as the only Schmidt and Bender dealer. You'll see some old 21s, Fox's, Parkers, and some LC Smiths in the case as well. On the used rack, you can find everything from a worthless wall hanger to a dang near mind vintage 700 in 6mm Rem....orginal metal recoil plate and all....selling for the same price as a new one. On the wall.....African game, a few whitetails, mulies and antelope...and the monster 390 B&C elk the boss shot way back in the day when he worked as hard as he hunted. During the Holidays...you'll note a santa hat and garland around the big trophy. There will be Filson and Boyt and Browning and Beretta apparell for sale...its the only place for miles around that still carries 2.5" 12ga shells for all the old schoolers who rightfully will not have their English chambers reamed. The in house gunsmith is a hermit...and will not talk to you (he is busy working on guns)....but if you leave your gun....he will fix it...and it won't cost half of what expected and it'll take less time than you thought. If we don't have it....we'll find it...let you know how much it'll be and when we'll have it for you. Just leave a small deposit and your phone number...we'll call you as soon as it gets here. If you are looking for a used gun....leave us your number and what you are looking for. If one floats in....we'll call you.

Most importantly, if you need to ask questions, we'll take the time to answer them. Sure, if you want our opinions we'll give them, but most importantly we want you to make an informed decision. We'll help you through the ordering process for that new Dakota you are giong to be taking to Botswana for buffalo, and we'll suit it with a good scope right here in house while you fill out the paperwork once it comes in.

Thats sorta what the shop I worked at just after college was like. Wish I could of made enough money there to stick around forever. Work was fun, pay was decent enough at the time...and the boss let me cut off an hour early to go hunt his farm during the season (which was most of the year).