HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - praire dog load
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 03:47 PM
HighDesertWolf
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: praire dog load

ORIGINAL: HEAD0001

I have got to get in on this PD shooting. It sounds like you guys are having way too much fun. I got to hunt Jack's a few times in Arizona, and it was the most fun I have ever had. We did that with 22LR's and 22 Magnums.

I thought V-Max bullets were fairly inexpensive, but if you guys are doing so much PD shooting that V-Max cost is prohibitive-then WOW I have got to get in on this. Our ground hog hunting here in WV and PA has went down hill a good bit. Alot of people blame that on coyotes. I do not know why, I just know that it has gone down hill. Tom.
that would be my suspicion exactly coyotes breed like rabbits.. one bitch is capable of producing asmany as 4 litters a year with asmany as 6 pups surviving per litter than the female pups are breedable at 6 months old its possible for one litter to produce asmany as 42 more yotes in just 1 year and if not enough natural predators or hunters are doing enough to lower yote populations then yer gonna see a decline in small game species since a coyotes diet can consume their body weight worth of small game per day. I can go into more detail but i think ya see the picture. ya outta consider yote hunting too. I do alot of it out here, and seems to be getting quite popular aswell atleast so it seems since quail and ground squirrel populations are begining to boom again.