HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Help Trapping a "Fisher cat"
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 12:24 PM
smt1243

Default Help Trapping a "Fisher cat"

Hello,

First very nice forum that I am very happy to have found.

I really need some good advice/help here. Despite, being a longtime hunter and outdoors man I recently encountered an animal here in Upstate New York that I have never seen or even heard, buteveryone in my area is refers to it as a "fisher cat" though no one has seen it.

Recently, an unknown preditor (which is suspected to be a "fisher cat") entered a local farmers barn and killed 3 cats all at once. All were decapitated and not eaten. A couple weeks later another neighbor's dog was killed by decapitation and not eaten either. The other day was my turn. What ever this thing is it is fast. It killed 6 of my guinea hens and decapitated everyone of them and did not eat any of them. All the attacks were at night time.

I have a lot more livestock as do many of my neighbors. I have never see such a destructive and seemingly dangerous animial in my live. Whatever this thing is it is fast (guine hens are super fast and this caught 6)and has a bad additude.

I would very much like to trap this thing. Does anyone have any experience trapping these things?I need as much information as you guys can provide. Live trap, claw trap, snare,? Trap placement, what type of lure.

Any help/information would be greatly appreiated.

Warm regards,
Michael