HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Indiana
Thread: Indiana
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 05:54 PM
Arrowmaster
Super Moderator

Default RE: Indiana

Where the badass trophy hunter comes into play is from watching all these Hunting shows, where huge deer are shot every year. Everyone wants to be like the next big hunting star. For me I dont shoot basket racks or deer under 3.5 years of age. Thats just my personal choice. I myself would like to see the deer grow and get some age. Lets see which would I rather have a 135lb basket rack or a 200lb buck with some nice genectics. There is definetly a lot more meat with the 200lb deer. The last buck I shot in 2004 was a 150in 220lb buck. I could have killed lots of smaller bucks and still could have the past 2 years. But Im trying to practice QDM. Here is what happened the day I shot my biggest buck. I had a small spike come by me, I passed on him, then walks a 5 point right by me, I passed on him. But the neighbor didnt. That small 5 point which weighed 120lbs was dead with in 15 minutes of me seeing him. 30 minutes later I had my biggest buck down. Its all the hunters choice. You just cant practice QDM by killing off all the smaller bucks.