HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bad hit?
Thread: Bad hit?
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 02:03 PM
JoeA
Nontypical Buck

Default Bad hit?

I have a question for your archers withlotsof hog experience...

Late yesterday afternoon, I put a hit (17yds) on a 90-100#boar.The arrow looked like it hit the spine.The pig dropped, and spunaround quickly in a circle on his front legs, and kinda ran off. His backlegs weren't working too good, but he got his wheels going. I thought I heard him crash, but it was getting dark and the ferns are thick where he ran to.

I couldn't findany blood. The broadhead(2 blade "stinger") and4-5", stayed in the pig. The video shows it looked like a hitin the meat, just below the spine,but from the way the arrow stopped, I think it hit bone.
He was quartering away, but he turned more broadside at the last sec. The hit was almost 90deg straight in. I've never hit one like this, so I don't know if he's likely to drop fast or head for the hills.

I'm going out again to look forhim today. It makes me sick to lose one. He wasn't a trpohy, and the hogs are messing up this place really bad, but Idon't like towaste the meat.It's hard to saywhat his chances are, but....makeit or not? (see image)