HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Cuddeback Excite or Expert
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 08:30 AM
archer125
Fork Horn

Default RE: Cuddeback Excite or Expert

This is just my .02 on this subject. I have owned the following cams.
35mm, and Digital Stealth cams.
35mm, digital, and IR Leaf River cams
I currently have 2 2005 digital3.0 Cuddebacks, and 2 2006 Expert Cuddebacks. My hunting friends have recently bought 6 of the new 4.0 IR Moultries for their lease.

Based off my experience I wouldnotbuy another Stealth Cam, orLeaf River unless major performance improvements were made. I had way too many issues with both of these cameras.

My 2005 Cuddebacks have performed flawlessly for 3 years, and I run my cameras for about 10 months of the year. I have never had 1 problem with either of them. I would buy another one in a minute if they were still available.

My 2006 Cuddeback Experts. I bought them right after they were released. I have sent both of them in for repair because of software issues. They were draining batteries, and not taking pictures. I was really getting a bad taste for this so called new improved model. Since both my cameras have been upgraded to the 07 software they have performed flawlessly. The pictures are incredible quality, and the flash range is far better than any camera I have ever used. I have had my Experts out since 4/1, and when I checked them on 6/17 they were still 75% on battery life. They have taken approx 500 pictures each. In summary I believe Cuddeback relased the Experts before the bugs were worked out, and the consumer like me paid the price. If the Experts continue to perform like they have since being upgraded, I would buy another one, but I will be morecautiouswhenlooking at a brand new model on the market.

The update I have have from my friends on the6 new IRMoultries, are they are experiencing issues with all white pictures at night. They are washed out. The day time photos appear to be very goodquality and the trigger speed is very good also as they advertised. They have been in contact withMoultry on the white out issue, but it isnot resolved yet.4 of the 6 cameras are having this issue.