HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Indiana
Thread: Indiana
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2007, 12:44 PM
IL-Cornfed
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Indiana

I've wondered many times why Indy doesn't compare to her neighbors on each side? It seems everyone drives right through Indy to get to either IL or OH. It sounds like from the posts above that you guys really need to educate your average sportsman. A statewide effort at QDM is seriously needed. Shooting more Does and allowing immature bucks to atleast get some age on 'em. One thing that helps IL is the unlimited Antlerless-Only tags and a restrictive buck limit. We shoot a lot of Does every season in my region. Also, more and more hunters in my area seemed to have jumped on the QDM band wagon over the last few seasons and we're hearing of a LOT more folks letting the yearling Bucks walk. Add to this good management, a short limited Firearm season of which only 3 days really hit the Rut(weekend before Thanksgiving) and a lot of bucksslip by eachseason. Best of luck to all of you guys and I hope someday that most of the thousands of NR hunters that head to my state every year will start stopping in YOURS!