HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ontario fall bear season
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2007, 05:02 PM
DARKSIDE55
Fork Horn

Default RE: Ontario fall bear season

ORIGINAL: 99 jeep

I sure wish to bear hunt this august but seems where i want to go you have to pay outta the ying yang and its sick that now theres a problem with the bears in the north and people want to make money sad that fellow canadians do that to each other i wish yous all luck this fall. Im in southern ontario now and we dont have bears, but on the island we have them but not where our camp is but yr after yr i try. So my count down is on for the first oct bow hunt. Cant wait. Later all.

Well let me explain it to you this way. As an outfitter, I pay $0.30 a pound for bear bait. It takes me 7 hours round trip to go get it and bring it back. That's time and gas out of my pocket. I also spend 6 to 8 hours a day running bear baits and stands, which again includes time and gas. I also pay on an average of $300.00for each treestand. Then I also have to pay the Province of Ontario $1800.00 per year for my BMA (Bear Management Area). And I charge $900.00 US for my bear hunt, including tax, but not the license. Most years I am lucky to break even my friend. Well that's probably why you are paying out the ying yang. As an Ontario resident, you can come up north, rent a cottage for $400.00 and go bear hunting anywhere you want. Sorry...I can't give you the cottage for free. Or as an Ontario resident you can come up here and camp out in a tent and hunt anywhere you want. And the only money you will be out is what you paid for the tent and the license.