HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Sad Season In PA
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2007, 03:56 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Sad Season In PA

i only hunted 2 days and took a buddy out the first saturday.

from what i seen id call it normal and a typical PA season. worked birds all 3 hunts. killed mine on heavily hunted state game lands the 2nd day i went out...

first day i worked 2 birds..the first thursday i worked atleast 4...killed mine that day.

first saturday i took my buddy and worked more..just no dice

our season is always a little wierd...this was my 9th season...it can be hit or miss...depends on who stirred things up and mother nature...this was the dryest spring season ive seen in a while. i think the moon phase was a little off and may hurt the gobbling...but i found hot birds all 3 days i went out...hens are another factor.

turkey hunting in PA is gaining popularity daily...back when i started it was almost rare to see a turkey hunter. dad started 8 or so years before then and he didnt think anyone else hunted them!! now everyone wants to be a turkey hunter...but not everyone knows how to play the game...and it adds to the pressure.

the only thing the 2nd tag MIGHT do is add a littleeee more pressure..but those guys killing their first bird and hunting for a second are typically good diehard turkey hunters. i forget the numbers...i think on 7000 or so were sold the first year and i think less this year...that aint many...and say MAYBE half were filled...that aint that many more spring birds...flocks definently arent hurting...