HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Green mt. barrel hang fires?
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2007, 08:05 AM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Green mt. barrel hang fires?

I think his problem was the T/C #13 and the standard caps. I still have standard CCI #11 and I get a misfire on them every once in a while. Normally a second or third cap will pop it off. But I really have no faith in them for hunting. When I shoot the RWS or the CCI MAGNUM caps, there is no problem with ignition. No matter what powder I am shooting. Other then APP.

And T/C #13 while I am a T/C fan of their rifles, that white water garbage they bottle is just that... garbage. I have had terrible luck swabbing with it. I use it only for cleaning and when I run out of it, I guarantee I am not running out to the store for more of it. It came with a rifle I bought. In fact T/C #13 Bore Swab is what made me look for something that would displace water, like the alcohol and windshield washer mix. In traditionals, I will often times swab with straight 91% isopropyl alcohol, then a dry patch or two. If you still have doubts, pop a cap before loading and it will burn it out of the barrel.

I am sure if he tries some of these suggestions, that barrel will come around. Like Sabotloader said, I have four or five of them and I shoot sub powders out of them when ever I get the urge without problems. The only sub powder that gave me fits for ignition was Amercian Pioneer Powder. Out of my inlines ifs fine, in my traditionals, I will stick with Goex.