HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Green mt. barrel hang fires?
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2007, 06:22 AM
gleason.chapman
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Green mt. barrel hang fires?

ORIGINAL: LaneNebraska

You might want to check this out:

http://hubbardsoutdoorproducts.com/mag.html

Mag-Spark The most innovative improvement to muzzle loading since the rifled barrel. It fits your rifle in the place of the percussion nipple and uses inexpensive, readily available SHOTSHELL PRIMERS for instant ignition of all powders and propellants. No more misfires, slowfires or dangerous hangfires. Works in any weather, with any propellant. Shotshell primers provide abundant fire to burn the propellant charge-completely. EVERY TIME!! This makes for consistent velocities, which makes for tighter groups (Also reduces flinching). Another important feature of the shotshell primer is that it is made with a rim , or flange, making it impossible to be put in upside down or sideways. This is not tru with rifle or pistol primers. If you have ever tried to use them, you already know this. Moreover, rifle and pistil primers stick when fired. Have you ever tried to get one out in time for another shot? Forget it!!. You CAN remove the shotshell primer from the MAG-SPAR, because of the rim feature.
Made of stainless steel, the MAG-SPARK features a hardened firing pin, and is intended to last for a lifetime of normal use. Nothing, not even an expensive in-line rifle can deliver the reliability of a MAG-SPARK equipped rifle. It is FULLY GUARANTEED, INEXPENSIVE, EASY TO INSTALL, LOOKS GOOD ~ AND IT WORKS.

MAG-SPARK $15.00
Spare cap $7.50
Mag-Spark and Spare Cap Combo $22.50

When I get my sidelock, this is all I'm gonna use with it
I guess these would be considered legal in states that have "only exposed hammers---percussion and FL really" laws, or does the rule say "only exposed hammers with factory iginition systems? I think Idaho has this law, right SabotLoader? Neat idea, Lane.
In Christ,
Chap Gleason