HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Green mt. barrel hang fires?
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 09:57 PM
sabotloader
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Green mt. barrel hang fires?

txhunter58

I was using standard # 11 CCI caps Switching to #11 mags will help especially in colder weather....
I was running a wetpatch with T/C bore cleaner down followed by 2 dry patches between each shot. Personally I would not suggest bore cleaner - to wet... and stays wet.
I was holding it and bumping the barrel trying to get some powder into the flash channel when I loaded This is the right idea... it really does not take much moisture to foul the flash channel
Most times when I removed the nipple, there was at least one grain of powder seen. good...
I am using the stainless steel nipple that came on the GMB excellent

If you want try this... take a clean dry patch, place it on your tongue and moisten it a bit... that is about all the moisture you need especially with T7 and if you switch to T7-3f it even burns cleaner than 2f.

What I do is place 15/20 patches in a container something like the a small tupper ware bowl. Pour windex in and pretty much saturate the patches, then with my thumbs and fingers press the pile down to ring out as much windex as I can, just pour it back into the bottle. When you have them about as dry as you can get them, they are really still a bit to wet, but put a lid on the bowl or put them in a zip lock and in a day or two they will be just right. Windex is an excellent T7 cleaner it really melts the stuff including the famous "crud ring" if you get one. If you ge the "crud ring" at the bottom of the barrel remember to work the ring with short quick strokes.

When you are done shooting run 3-4 windex patches and on the on the 3/4 patch it will come out pretty clean -and further cleaning at home will be a piece of cake...

another thing I do is remove the clean out screw and run a Windex treated pipe cleaner through and into the barrel. Actually CVA make an excellent pipe cleaner just for this, it is a bit abrasive or ruff might be a better word.

Good luck - just keep shooting....