HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - how heavy are your arrows
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 04:03 PM
blackwidowbowman

Default RE: how heavy are your arrows

Chad,

It will work withaluminum too, I have added weight to them when I was at the cross roads in the spine area. While not using FOC to get your arrows in the ball park is not a requirement, I like the confidence I feel when I shoot my bare shafts twenty and thrity yards and they fly with the nock directly behind the point. I love the fact that I can screw off the broadhead put on a field point and nothingchanges. Since I have been doing it I have found my stickbows take accuracy to a new level. Some guys have commented that they never thought a stickbow could be so accurate. Even some of us believe that crap about stickbows being less accurate than compounds. If that is true, why is it when placed in a shooting machine there is no difference beyond speed?

You can have too much weight up front and still get fair flight. I just like to control all of the elements that I can control. The rest I will leave in the hands of the Creator.

I don't like to shoot too light an arrow in any bow, I don't think an arrow too heavy is a lot better. As I age, I find that shooting the 70 and 80 pound bows no longer hold theinterest that they once did. MyfavoriteBlackwidow and Saxon are 60 and 61 pounds respectively. I find that 500 - 540 grains about covers it for me. I shootWensel Woodsman, and chase whitetail deer, and Nasty Wildboar. I get pass throughs where the arrow is on the ground on the otherside in about 90 percent of my kills. I getgood arrow speed, and low noise. I guess I could go heavier, or lighter. Like the man said, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".