HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Another scent free question....
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2007, 06:25 PM
archer58

Default RE: Another scent free question....

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

I've heard of, and seen videos, where folks put on their carbon clothes at the stand site. I've also seen and heard of guys changing their sweaty socks and shirts at the stand as well. I understand not wanting to wear too many clothes walking in, that's obviously bad.....BUT, when changing clothes at the stand site, aren't we just stinking the place up? Wouldn't you want to be wearing your carbon suit for the walk in??

I always do...and Ibelieve that you would leave sooo much scent at the base of your tree if you are changing , you might as well go home.

Best case scenario would be to carry your mid layers in a pack or strap them to your fanny pack. As you cool down while on stand , put that mid layer under your SL.
I always wear my SL on the walk in. The mid layer I carry in the cold weather is a fleece pullover. It only weighs about a pound. Today's insulating mid layer garments don't weigh much so they pack easily. I
don't worry about my legs unless it's really cold. Your legs are one of the warmest parts of your body because of the amount of muscle.

If it's bitter , bitter cold I dress warm and don't wear anything on my head. Not covering your noggen will keep you from sweating during a hike as long as you don't over exert yourself.