HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Harvester Bullets
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 07:04 PM
gleason.chapman
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Harvester Bullets

ORIGINAL: mayguy

Well, I went out shooting yesterday and tried out two bullets I had'nt tried before. I shot both the 260 gr Scorpion Funnel Point and the 270 gr Saber Tooth.
Both bullets loaded very easily , the Scorpions came with Crush Rib sabots, and they both shot very well. I could load a second shot with ease, in my Omega, without swabbing with both bullets ( 110 grs of 777 powder). For a quick follow-up shot either one would work well (the second shots were both off by only about an inch at 50 yds from the first shots.
The Scorpion's were shooting a 3 shot ragged hole at 50 yds (the best shooting and easiest loading bullets I have shot so far. I could only get as far as 85 yds and they both shot under 1 1/2 inch,3 shot groups at that range (it was quite windy so I'm sure they would do better on a calm day).
NOW--- Have any of youhad a chance to try out either of these on game? I would like to use the Scorpion's on deer this year. They look like a pretty good bullet and they are fairly inexpensive.The Scorpion's shot a little tighter groups than the Saber Tooth.
My brother started using Saber Tooth last year, leaving the PB experience behind, he shot a large doe in the brisket as she was approaching him on the last day of deer season in NY State. Piled her up on the spot, not even 1 step. He like the easly loading and won't use a sabot because they load to hard. He was using 3 pellets 50g 777 pelletsin his TC Encore, and they are accurate in his gun. Chap Gleason