HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How many guys....
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 09:43 PM
buckeye
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How many guys....

Yes. If you saw the buck you were after, and you did not kill it, that can be considered a failure.

If you wanted to kill a 150 or better and you did not do it, that can be a failure.It is.

I think what you are saying is when asked "So did you do any good this season" you hate it when they tell you about all of the pass-ups etc etc and why dontthey just say, "No, but there is next season, and he is still out there". Man, that is boring. We alll like stories.
I never said to not BS about what you saw and what you passed...... This is part of what makes hunting so great.Just when someone asks why didn't you shoot one this year fess up and tell them the truth not blame the deer that never showed up. It didn't show up because you didn't find it!

the reason is everyone wants to put the blame on someone else...people feel pressured by buddies bragging about shooting deer and then listening to them rub it in your face like all of us have...hunting isnt like other "sports" you can prepare and be a great shot and good at calling and do everything right and still get the short end of the stick and only succeed once every couple of years...where as in other "sports" you can be the best and succeed nine times out of ten. i think a lot of people say it because they want to have something to say when peopel say why didnt you get a deer this year
Also lebeau's post

I see a lot of truth and human naturein these posts. All that matters is your firends and families opinions not some random stranger at Gander Mtn and they (yourfamily and friends)know the caliber of hunter you are (as if you need validation anyhow)