HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How many guys....
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 09:32 PM
LebeauHunter
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How many guys....

buckeye,

That's because people don't want other hunters to think that they aren't seeing any deer, which could indicate that they are not skilled hunters or not very dedicated. This is even more true of people that wouldn't know that person.

Though not following the logic of that prior statement, I will honestly say that I have personally said something similar (though probably more subtle or with humor) when my cousin is bragging about the 2 runt bucks he killed that year (especially if he starts picking on me). I know I saw better bucks than those and passed on more. Its human nature.

Also, if you are talking deer and there isn't much to say, that hunter might bring up the nice bucks he saw this year, but say he's hoping they get a little bigger for this year or something along those lines.

It's like when women say there are no good men to date anymore. They don't have a man and it makes them feel better. Again, I think its human nature.

Edit: Posted at same time as bballhead44, but he probably said it a little better.