HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New to crossbows
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2007, 09:32 AM
awshucks
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New to crossbows

AB: I sighted that very bow in for a friend last fall. I was impressed w/ it, overall. Pro's: his has a good trigger, parts well fitted, accurate at 20 and 30 yds. Cons: Didn't like the 3 dot, 20 yd dot was big, couldn't get the light level to show the 30 yd dot on a white bag target, so had to use 20 yd dot and hold high. Although the package came w/ Horton small profile b-heads, which I didn't try, but did try 100 gr Slick Tricks and although the bow grouped them well at 30, the group was 10" or so low right from field points. Called Horton to see if the problem was his bow or the model in general, got told to use mechanicals, lol.

There has been alot of mention on various forums about rope cockers moving the dial-a-range [aka dial-a-rage] dial. If I were touse this bow and want to get the most out of it, there is a way to temporarily fix the d-a-r in one position and put a good range compensating scope on it. Next best in my book would be a single dot red dot and use the d-a-r feature. Hope this helps!!