HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Arrow cutting
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2007, 06:16 PM
davepjr71
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Arrow cutting

brucelantier,

Thanks for the great response. When i created the thread I was talking about shafts and probably should have stated that. I assumed that the knowledgeable people here would understand that like you did. I know that there is nothing they can do about an arrow unlessthey built it themselves in a shop.

I too would have no problem returning to a shop for shafts if I wanted them cut on both ends.

However, like you I've decided to build my own arrows where I know if there's a problem with the arrow it's my fault or I can try and fix it. The first set of arrows I bought I had a friend cut who spun them while cutting. He used to own a shop in PA and now lives on the Eastern Shore. The problem with using his cutter is he's 120 miles away. So, I'm just going to purchase a cutter. I'm sure between me, family and friendsI can get it to pay for itself. Plus, if I want to get into dynamic spining an arrow I'll have to cut the arrow a few times.

I've built 2 different types of arrows so far and like you are talking about i have pride in knpwing an arrow I built is hitting the mark. Harvesting a deer this fall will be the ultimate thrill.

Thank you for your input and enjoy building and tinkering.

By the way. This is off topic. Have you started building your spine tester yet? I believe you were posting on the same thread I was on the spine tester built by Black Frog?