HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I've been humbled.
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2007, 07:17 AM
GR8atta2d
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I've been humbled.

That's great Rob and it's nice to be humbled..
While we are sharing, as TX said "God Moments". This is unhunting related...but humbling non the less.

Weds is my Golf League night. Afterwards we sit around and have a couple brews. I was up at the bar having a nice cold Killians.watching the Yanks Redsox game..while the majority of my fellow golfers were out on the deck. I was sitting acrossed from an attractive and familiar looking female. Everyone knew her and said hi..as they passed by..dang it who is she?? Then I heard her say his name; "Bobby" and in an instant I knew.
Bobby was the Course Superintendant, he was a Gentleman in golf and in every aspect of life. Always one to take a minute to make you the most important person he could talk too. I played against him in his last normal match..always a competitor that would try his best (and he was good) to beat you and then buy you a beer and celebrate life. During our round (this is the late summer of 05) he commented on a sleep disorder that he was going to get checked out, the next day. Long story, tragically short...a Brain Tumor took his life less than 6 months later. He has 2 older kids and a lovely and caring wife. I heard her talking to a female companion of her struggles, emotionally. I still heard so much love and longing in her voice as she retold stories of Bobby.
Normally on Weds it's my 1 night "out"....after hearing her speak..all I wanted to do was go home to my family..and that's what I did. I prayed for her and her Family and mine and went home and played "Go Diego Go Treehouse" with Brandon and Brooke..My wife said your home early..I said yeah....

So enjoy the Moments when they come!!