HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Best cross bow?
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2007, 07:32 AM
GrumpyTom
Typical Buck

Default RE: Best cross bow?

What is the best crossbow?

That is a very tough question to answer. The trouble is that many people desire different things in their hunting tools. For me I want simplicity and reliability in my bow.

The best advice you could receive is what you already have is to find a reliable company (making sure they have great customer service just in case it is needed) and try them out for fit and feel. The more comfortable you are with it, the more accurate you can become as well, the more successful`you can be.

Some people have the mindset that wheels and pullies are required (nothing wrong with that, it is just an opinion) so they would be more comfortable with a compound while others like me are more comfortable with the recurves because of their simplicity and the lack of a need of a shop to do acquaintance.

Decide what you would like in your bow (what you would be comfortable with) and then try some out. If there are not many models in your area you might have to just take the leap of faith and purchase by mail or from the internet. Many have done this and most have been more then happy.

Good luck and keep asking questions.