HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New access to neighbors patch - Aerial and Topo - How to hunt?
Old 05-22-2007, 07:05 AM
Rick James
Nontypical Buck

Default New access to neighbors patch - Aerial and Topo - How to hunt?

So I have had permission to hunt this new patch for a couple of years now, I just haven't had time to get over there and scout it good until this year during turkey season. The turkeys were going nuts in there so I hiked in and killed one over there, and saw TONS of deer sign.

I guess my main question is what terrain in this would you hunt and why?

Red dots are apples, green dots are the new foodplot that will be a fall/winter brassica and turnip plot. The blue arrow is a MAJOR highway of activity that both APAJaws and I had some close encounters with last year and has also produced a LOT of big buck sightings during early season and chase phase. The single yellow dot is where I killed my second bird this year and that area is POLLUTED with rubs and deer sign. I don't think anyone has hunted this neighbors patch for years, and I don't know of anyone that has legally bowhunted it ever.

The big orange outlined area is my family strip of property, and the pink outlined area is the neighbors patch that I would like to hunt this year and want opinions on how to hunt.

What are your thoughts??