HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Buck Or Doe?
Thread: Buck Or Doe?
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2002, 04:28 PM
buckhunter3

Default Buck Or Doe?

Someone mentioned on a post why not go to a buck or doe instead of antlerd and antlerless deer.I think that is a good idea.
If Gary Alt wants to control how many buck or doe we have then call them what mother nature calls them either they are a buck or a doe.If the first deer you shoot is a button buck or has pts. 3in. or less you tag it as a buck.Then you won't be going out and shooting another buck by tagging it as a doe.
It would not solve all the problems because I understand the next deer you shoot could be a button buck and you would have to tag it as a doe but it would keep hunters who tagged the first one from going and shooting maybe an 8pt. and the total would be 2 bucks shot.It would make hunters decide do I want to be careful and wait for the 8pt. I thought that was what Gary Alt wanted in some counties next year.Some of the reason they say there are too many doe around is an adult doe with 2 fawns born at hunting time they are concidered 3 doe and tagged that way.When actually according to mother nature it could even be one adult doe,one doe fawn, and one buck fawn.Or even,one adult doe,and 2 buck fawns.Unless they make it to another year the fawns are all concidered doe's shot tagged and logged that way in the PGC figures.We are losing alot of future bucks this way by shooting button bucks.