HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Arrow Energy info and results
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2007, 11:48 AM
idahoelkinstructor
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Arrow Energy info and results

Todd, thats some good penetration! lol
I shouldn't laugh because I did the same thing about a month ago now in my back yard. I had two chronies,I set one crony up at three feet away and one right in front of the target. Iwas planning to shoot from 10yards, 20, 30,and 40 yards. I wanted to seehow much the arrow actually slowed down at different ranges.I shot 5 timesto get a average at 10 yards with no problems, next I moved back to 20 yards to repeat the test, again no problem. Got to 30 first shot was good, but on the second shot not so, at first I thought my arrow exploded becuse stuff was flying everyware and it sounldlike a small gun going off.I wasso worried about not shooting the chronosittingin front of the target thatsomehow I forgot about thechronothree feet away. SureenoughmyF1 Chrony was no match against AC/Super Slim 340'swith bullet points out of the Switchback XT. Ididn't take a pic of it and post itbecaueI have a brother in law who could/would use it for black mail against me! Either him or my wife, lol. I am just glad to see I am not the only one who has shot their chrony with a arrow. Not only didIdestroy the chrony but I bent my brand new arrowfletched with the new Quick Spins st. At$200 per dozen includingfletchingand tax, thatcomes to $16.60 per arrow plus the price of the new chrony $89.00 thats a expensive mistake. Looking back now, yes its funny but expensive at the same time.At the time thoughI didn't think it was too funny.