HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 1600 "mistake kills" statewide in Pa
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2003, 09:34 PM
nightmare68

Default RE: 1600 "mistake kills" statewide in Pa

As a advid deerhunter in the great state of Pa. I was not only happy to hear of the restrictions but thrilled. I have hunted deer for 18 yrs. in 9 differet counties of Pennsylvania. I have seen rotting deer every year that I have hunted. So i was not surprised to see that number. although I will put most of the blame on some dishonest hunters I refuse to put it all on them. Because Pennsylvania much like any other state in the union has what my frends and I refer to as sloths. these are the people who put no extra effort in hunting. they are the ones who's physical conditioning program throughout the year consist's walking from their truck to the front door after work. and who's idea of practicing with their weapon is getting it out 2 days before opening day and shooting 5 shots at the beer of their choice targets ( you know the ones i mean ) then settling down to what amounts to a keg party at their freinds camp. these people spend no time scouting deer they just rely on good ol' uncle ted's spot that he put them at when they were 12 and they got lucky enough to bag a bragger. they are the same people who don't vigorously track a deer once they have fired at it, they just write it off as " killed up the haller there where those other guys are" !
In my opinion (for what it's worth) the state is doing a great job by insisting that these moron's identify their targets or run the risk of having a game warden catch them or a law abiding citizen turn them in.
These people need to get the message DO IT THE RIGHT WAY OR GET OUT OF OUR WOODS!!!!!!!! If all goes as planned maybe hunters that truely hunt will be able to reap the bennifits of this plan. Good luck to all hunters and god bless you and AMERICA!!!!!