HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Time and Money???
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2007, 09:21 AM
Bill Yox

Default RE: Time and Money???

Just to help you with ranges, 12 months is actually a GOOD return estimate, and I say estimate, because at my studio, I cant give dates normally. Volume, schedule, too many things seem to be able to slow down any time I give! Just to illustrate, Im over two years for most mounts right now. Is it long? You bet! Is it ridicules, like some in here will say? Hahaha, yes for some, others realize just how much is here, and how factors can complicate return times in some custom studios like mine. Heck, they usually say it was worth the wait...after they get it back, that is!

Try looking around some studios near you and get a feel for price and return time, as well as quality. If youre an impatient person, or just not willing to wait, concentrate your search that way, theres no sense in getting involved with a studio such as mine, for instance. If its just going to hang at camp to be viewed for a week each year, why pay $600? If youre fussy, and know a species well, get a more detailed job youll always be happy with. Theres alot of us taxidermists around, and we all have attributes that satisfy a wide range of clients needs.