HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Arrow Squaring?
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 12:02 PM
MDBUCKHUNTER

Default RE: Arrow Squaring?

ORIGINAL: gibblet

something in this thread is bothering me. seems to be a little bit of prejudice against target shooters among some who don't really do it. someone (len) even said something like 'the best shooters in the world - hunters'.this seems to be a point mosthave agreed on in this thread. not sure why this is bothering me - except i don't get it. i'm lucky enough to shoot with or just in front of or behind one of the best in the world sometimes - because he's not to far away and we have mutual friends - and he can bust nocks off arrows at will from 50 yards - at will. he wins pretty much every asa known distance shoot, and 2 of the national shoots from pro class this year. len may be able to beat him shooting a right handed bow left handed - maybe - but that's it, and w/ 5 minutes practice - i doubt it. there isn't one person here who can touch him - at anything, anywhere, or in any conditions, or footing,that has to do w/ shooting arrows.i doubt there's one person herewho could beat hisgirlfriend at any form of archery either. if you could, you'd be doing it.

any way - its a myth - hunters are no where near the best shots, shooters, or tuners around - and its not even close. don't fool yourselves.
This is a tough one here. (and we are so far off topic it is rediculous!)

In some respects it is like comparing apples to oranges.

How can we compare a target shooter to a hunter when they are in different arenas, use different equipment and have different mentalities?