HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What buck haunts you???
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 07:04 AM
njbuck22
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What buck haunts you???

My dream deer is a nice buck with drop tines on both sides. I never in a million years thought i would have an opportunity at one. Well 2 seasons ago, i heard of one that was living on one of the properties i hunt. The land owner saw him two or three times, a local cop saw him once and my buddy saw him once. Well i decided it was him or nothing for that property. Well i ended up getting nothing, but i did have him stand about 70-80 yards out for about a half hour with spike and a big 8 point. He was a main frame 10 point with drops on both sides and was probably 155-165, my dream deer. My buddy ended up starting to hunt there and missed him one afternoon TWICE! I guess he came into a scrape, he shot and missed, then the deer bounded off 10 yards and stopped broadside again. He shot again and missed. He later found out that this sight was loose. That buck haunts him as well. We named him Stickers. Neither of us saw him last year and didnt find his sheds, but we never find any sheds so that doesnt mean anything. God i hope he is still alive. We didnt hear of anyone harvesting him or getting hit by a car, and its a tiny town so we probably would have found out about it if he was killed.