HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Lets see Your Dogs On Point
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2007, 12:53 AM
daleh

Default RE: Lets see Your Dogs On Point

I don't really like to knock Setters on anything they have a hard enough time as it is competing against all the Pointers.
I don't know all the history on Llewellins, but this i do know.
They are English Setters andgot there name from a breeder who only bred his dogs. The breeding was just about ruined by this. any time you don't go outside your kennels and bring in new blood you come up with inbred goofy dogs. a True Llewellin is still today a goofy dog they have no style, no bird sense,and absolutly will notgo far enough to win any field trial.
Alot of folks think that any tri-colored Setter is a Llewellin. this is False
Setters come in different variations of color
Black and White
Orange and White
Light Orange refered to as Lemmon
Tan or Chesnut colored
or they can be a combination of all or some
White is mostly predominate
I have only had to register one Setter as being black with white ticking
Shewas a Southwin Mike Bitch and as nasty of a dog as they come.
Unfortunatly The American Field is in control of the English Setters and Pointers.American Field Trials are a crock of @#$.
It has gotten so far away from what it used to be i will not partcipate nor hold anymore Trials for them on my grounds.
If you take the field just keep up with who is winning and who is judging. Notice that the amature owners of the dogs are judging the open events and the Hadlers and open dog owners are judging the amature events. Just see who won the open and next week i bet that judges dog wins the amature. This is why the American Field is dying and no one is stepping up to help. The Handlers and the Owners do not want you in. The clubs however, want your money. The Magazine wants you to register and buy pedigrees and advertising. How did we let a magazine get so much power as to dictate evry aspect fromwho gets a Championship trial (of coarse if you don't run an ad in the field your trial does not count) to registering so called pure bred dogs?