HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 2003 NJ Fish & Game Council Meeting Schedule
Old 01-15-2003, 12:41 PM
Broadhead88
Typical Buck

Default RE: 2003 NJ Fish & Game Council Meeting Schedule

Guys--I think that everyone agrees that the Jan slaughter must stop ASAP. This is doing more damage to the age class and numbers of bucks than any other item besides loss of habitat. I think that if we stop the Jan either-sex hunts then we have taken a huge step forward in improving NJ's deer quality as well as the hunting experience.

EX:

Last SAT in Zone 2 (wantage); my buddy was pheasant hunting and said that the club behind ours lined up over 20 guys for several drives through fields and small wood lots. My friend counted over 20 shots during the next hour or so. He rides over there after he is done and there are 8 does dead and 3 button bucks on the ground. Also, there was talk of some deer that "got away". No one saw any bucks! We had the worst deer season since I joined the club in 1994 and next year doesnt look any better. In addition, the farmer that owns the land had a depredation permit this summer!!!

Bob

Hunting the wilds of Jersey