HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - double beard (update..pics and full story on pg2)
Old 05-03-2007, 04:36 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default double beard (update..pics and full story on pg2)

well 415 came pretty quick. almost didnt get out of bed but forced myself. got to my listening spot around 530 after a 20 minute hike in and half hour drive from campus. 540 they started sounding off.

to make an EXTREMELY long story short...8am i looked over and there he was..standing there 30-35yds away. his head was behind a tree. i peeked over to get a look at him and his red head swung around to get a peek at me. seen a longbeard hanging...he let out a mighty gobble..walked left...then right and stopped behind the tree again. long enough for me to move my body and gun. he stepped out to the right and i fired.

if ya'll want the FULL story i can post it...its extremely long..pretty exciting, action filled, and if you wanna see what hevishot will do to a wingbutt at 30-35yds email me :grin: no...wasnt aiming there...theres alot more to that story...also why hes half naked and wet also...im just trying to keep it short..but can gladly give the full story..

here he is

18lbs...main beard was 8 1/2. second beard was 4 1/2 and spurs were both 5/8ths of an inch....score of 56.5 for team 6...but im captain anyways...not the king of the woods..but my first double bearded bird. im proud of him. was only the 2nd hunt of the season and im tagged out....but i dont usually pass up a long beard.

also took me 9yrs to kill a bird in that spot. honestly been hunting there since i was 12. seen 100s...never got a shot. i grinned ear to ear the whole 45minute hike out of there

got something like 50 pictures...let me know if yall want more or wanna hear the FULL story..it is a true double beard..i got pics of the bases..they are both seperate bases..

oh...forgot the best part. taken from a State Game Lands in Pennsylvania...