HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Finally! Trail Cam pics from New Mexico!
Old 05-02-2007, 11:08 PM
rtread
Nontypical Buck

Default Finally! Trail Cam pics from New Mexico!

I finally was able to test my new Cuddeback (Expert 3.0) on some real wildlife. We just spent close to three weeks where I bowhunt in the fall (South Central New Mexico) and my Cuddeback was put to the task. It took hundreds of pictures over a two week period and it was tough to cull the pictures down to a handful to share with everyone. I ended up with some of the most unique pictures and varieties of wildlife in an album on PhotoBucket and invite everyone to take a look and give me some feedback. I regret not getting pics of coyotes, mountain lions, or Jaguarundis....they are in the area.
BTW, I was very pleased with the overall performance of the Cuddeback and the only knock I have is the battery changing operation....pretty tough when the camera is mounted 3' high and the user is a bifocal wearer. Cuddeback needs to improve on that!!
I had to change the 4 D cell batteries once during the two weeks and the camera took hundreds of pictures.
Also, I am now convinced that the flash does not run the game off as I saw the same animals hang around many minutes with the camera going off at two or three minute intervals. If anything, the camera actually attracts the deer and elk.....they get up real close as seen on some of my pictures. One elk calf actually slobbered and snotted on my lense and I had to clean it off next morning.
Please enjoy the pictures at http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x66/rtread/and give me some feedback on what you think! Thanks. Ray