HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Shooting 3D with the G..,whoops wait I mean Matt
Old 05-02-2007, 06:17 PM
Matt / PA
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Shooting 3D with the G..,whoops wait I mean Matt

Yeah I am officially a curse........no doubt about it.

Rob worked his butt off (not to mention the soles of our boots) trying to get me that first bird. Unfortunately the second I hit the woods they all suddenly died, and the ones that didn't up and die quickly left the county.

I was informed that the minute I left they returned.

I have offically added turkeys to the list of animals I hate, right there with spiders, skunks, wasps, rats, jellyfish and big midwestern deer.

We had a great time on the 3d course and were about worn out by target 30 because we'd shoot like 3-6 arrows at each target and trust me 100+ arrows with a 62# recurve gets a little tiring. (Ask Rob about the 27.5yd tiny Reinhart Cub bear. The target of the day.)
If you guys don't own a recurve, even if you don't get into it seriously like I am, its flat out theraputic to feel the pull of that string on your fingers and watch those arrows fly! (I think Rob enjoyed the few he shot)

I kept most of my "kill" shots around 20 yards or under for serious practice but tried every target from the long stakes for fun. Some of them somehow turned out great.[:-](Like using the force)
Others looked like there was a forcefield around the target. Like the 49yd Bison......miss high, low, high, low, low...........ah crap...........move up.

I was very happy with my realistic kill shot yardages but I'll leave that long distance stuff to the compound.

It was a great time and I'm sure I'llbe back up to scare any remaining birds away again before the end of the season. Maybe another bar crawl in there as well.