HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - If you could have one:Disk Harrow, cultivator, moldboard plow???
Old 05-02-2007, 02:57 PM
nchawkeye
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: If you could have one:Disk Harrow, cultivator, moldboard plow???

Buddy, my first impression is it will be like driving nails with a pair of pliers....Sure you can do it, but you might not be happy with the results....I will admit, I'm kinda spoiled and blessed when it comes to equipment....My dad was a John Deere dealer...2 years after he died (I was 20) in 1975 I went to work for them and stayed with them 13 years...So I have a pretty decent background with working with equipment....I would rather see you wait until you can purchase what will do the job, rather than buy something that you will have to replace in a few years especially when it might not even do what you want it to do....

Clover does not need to be covered and most biologists will agree that clover is high in protein and is beneficial to wildlife....I'd work with getting a good clover plot established first, then work on the other stuff...I went turkey hunting Saturday morning there were 7 deer standing in my clover patch....I planted it a year and a half ago and they are still hitting it....