HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wear & Tear
Thread: Wear & Tear
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2007, 10:26 AM
trouthunter

Default RE: Wear & Tear

Just a bit of clarification: Since I went to shooting at a cant, the outer wear hasn't been significant. In fact, most of the wear I see now is in the pocket of the shelf. I didn't mean to direct everyones thought in the direction of consistant outer wear. My point was to more verify my idea about going to a cant in my form, as my shooting form is still "under construction". (The wear shown in the picture was wear before I went to shooting with a cant)
Tight knocks could definitly be attributing as well, It never accured to me that my knocks may be too tight. They go on with a "snap" when I knock an arrow, and I attributed that to a "secure arrow = a good thing". I'll have to file down that little button on the inside of the knock and see what a looser knock will give me.

Before I go out and spend another $80 in arrows, I hope these little changes, and maybe even a heavier feild point, will correct my problem on arrows supposidly spined correctly (they are stamped 60-65lb longbow on the arrow, and with my draw length the bowshop guy and myself figured that was the right arrow).

Quick question: is overspining that much of a detriment???