HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 8 "The Snoodlers"
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2007, 08:03 PM
kmartz

Default RE: Team 8 "The Snoodlers"

Here are the pics and the story. I heard two birds go to roost Tuesdayevening.My good friend (Dave) and I went after them on Wednesday morning. They started gobbling at about 5:45. We stratigized and set up shortly there after. Dave called and I set about 40 yards in front of him.These two guys gobbled like crazy atcrows, yelps, cackles, purrs, everything but a sneeze. I saw one fly down about 6:05. Once on the ground they still gobbled like crazy. They cameto about 75 yards from me and hung up. Daveknows his stuffand coupled with their urge and his calling they came a little bit at a time. 15 yards, stand around and gobble, 15 yards, stand around and gobble. The one guy couldn't stand it and slowly workedhis way toward Dave. At thirty to thirty-five yards I let him have it and he folded on the spot. The other guy was leavingand froze at the shot. Davecalled some to him but he just walked away. It was an exciting half an hour. I had to leave for school, I teach, but Dave struck out for one we heard fartheraway and ended up killing one too.

18 lbs, 10" beard, and 5/8" & 6/8" spurs.

Notice the busted tail. He must have done a lot of breeding. I am guessing that is why he came in and the other didn't.