HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A head to head comparison between the Drenalin, Switchback XT, and the Switchback!
Old 04-26-2007, 07:06 AM
Matt / PA
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: A head to head comparison between the Drenalin, Switchback XT, and the Switchback!

I was shooting the Switchback XT and Drenalin recently at a show I was working and put enough arrows through each to be relatively informed.........I haven't heard it mentioned anywhere else but has anyone who owns a Drenalin seen or felt the bow's propensity to canting to the right??
I'm dead serious. No matter how I or even the Mathews rep held the bow at full draw with a relaxed grip it would cant about 10 degrees top right. Really noticible. I tried every grip on the planet from low to super high and even the death grip and you could feel the bow want to cant to the right?

The grip on theDrenalin and Switchback XT at least to my eyes looked identical but the Switchback XT held dead in a vertical plane with no torque and any grip style.

It was very odd and I just couldn't put a handle on why it wanted to do that. It shot nice enough, if not a little jumpy but all else equal if I had a gun to my head and those were the only 2 compound bows on the market...... I'd honestly pick the Switchback XT over the Drenalin.

Nicely done review though.........sorry for the mini-hijack.
(And that's as close as you're gonna see this Bowtech guy get to reviewing the competition. LOL )