HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bass.....Why?
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2007, 11:19 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bass.....Why?

i used to be a big time bass angler. all the ponds, lakes, streams and rivers have bass in them around here. fun fish to catch..can fish for them a million diffrent ways..from a minnow under a bobber or on the bottom to spinnerbaits and stick baits to topwater plugs to fly gear etc etc...

lately ive gotten out of the bass scene almost completely..just dont really have time for it...i spend spring chasing trout...and once the water is too warm for trout(most of our trout fishing is stocking..put and take...water warms and creeks dry up and not much trout fishing after about mid june) its time for catfishing..which works out...i work alot during the summer..if im not at work i got grass to cut etc...so that leaves me with evenings and nights..nothing beats a night sitting at the river waitin for a big ole catfish to bite!

nothing wrong with bass fishing though....

i do agree though...youd think most these guys dont know what another fish is id just have to say they love their bass fishin...nothin wrong with that...i enjoy the reading and pics..

id like to hook up with my buddy and make a trip to a few ponds we know of this summer with the fly rod...theres like 5 strip mine ponds on his buddies land..1 has some crazy panfish ive never seen in PA before plus bass..the rest have bass and bluegills..and one ONLY has bass. we have never ever caught anything or seen anything else in that pond. its small..but theres 1000s of bass in there..no real size to them but man the numbers are awesome. one day i was 40+ fish for the same number of casts....i loved it..i broke 100 that day on that tiny pond...literaly 30yds by 50yds max!! another thing is the fish never see lures or bait...but it makes for a nice day...and will be a BALL on the fly rod!!