HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 'Bowhunter', Say it isn't so.......
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2003, 10:54 AM
Antler Eater
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 'Bowhunter', Say it isn't so.......

I don't see any noble cause here that I would have to worry about keeping "Bowhunter mag alive for our grandkids and their grandkids". They can sell subscriptions like they have in the past and do just fine. Further, to insinuate that taking a stand against these marketing tactics would rob our natural resources and "other other hunting oriented charitable organizations" of valuable funds borders on the absurd. That is just not factual.

As for my remark concerning Mr. James, Mr. Schuh, and Mr. Jones. These men are highly esteemed in the hunting community, they wield great influence. Having made small talk with two of the three I AM astonished they allow their image to be marketed in this fashion. In their defense they may not be aware of it or can't do anything about it. But you see, it wouldn't matter if it were Fred Bear himself that marketed videos this way- I can't in good conscience support these actions. It is a scheme, a ploy, a marketing strategy devised to add dollars to the bottom line of Primedia Publications Inc. and not to make donations to the World Wildlife Fund or enhance our grandchildren's outdoor experience. I made a living in sales for more than twenty years. If I would have marketed my product in like fashion, I would have lost my license, been heavily fined, and possibly locked up. I have always felt that people would rather buy something than be sold something.

Bowfanatic, I'm not sure why this subject has struck such a sour chord with you but obviously it has. You have a right to your opinion and I respect that.