HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Why bear hunt?
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2007, 11:50 AM
ShatoDavis

Default RE: Why bear hunt?

Bear meat a delicacy????? I think not. I've heard of people who said it wasn't bad, but I've never heard anyone say that it was good. My father and some friends went to Prince of Whales island in Alaska and hunted Black bear last year. The report I got back was that the meat was absolutely disgusting. The guides couldn't even believe that they want to try it. They cooked everything else first before they fooled the cook wear. Dad said that when they skinned the bears that worms actually crawled out of the meat.

I've heard that the meat off inland bears is much better than that of costal bears. I guess it is in direct corelation to there diets. Either way I have a natural overtion to eating any predator. Something just doesn't sit right with me when I think about eating an animal that eats meat.

I was thinking about the question of "why would I hunt a bear?" and I kept remembering a quote from Sir Edmond Hillary when asked why he wanted to climb Mount Everest, He said: "BECAUSE IT'S THERE!"