HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Who said that physics wasn't fun?
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2007, 07:32 AM
davepjr71
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Who said that physics wasn't fun?

Arthur,

Since you won't be adult enough to let me respond to your PM I'll post it here and comment.

[blockquote]quote:

The thread was down to just talking aboutweight forward arrows and me making fun of myself.[/blockquote]

Oh, sure, right after you and passthru making fun of me and Straightarrow. I think what you two were saying about usis best illustrated by passthru's comment, paraphrased as "hardheaded know-it-alls." That following all the derision you aimed at Straightarrow - he's my friend and when you insult him you've insulted me as well. Yes indeed, you've show SUCH respect in this thread. What an ass!

Your profile says you're an electrical engineer. I've known a great many engineers - my trade was heavily involved with them - and I've not known a single one who would simply dismiss a study out of hand. If they disagreed with theconclusion drawn, they'd dive into it and search out some flaw in methodology or calculations... anything to prove it wrong.An engineer would know how to properly design and conduct a bonafide test. You did neither. Unprofessional, at best. Incompetent, for sure.

So, I have to doubt whether you are truthful in your profile. Doubting that, I have to doubt anything else you say.

I'm perfectly willing to bury the hatchet. Since I have no desire to speak to you any more - after all, you don't respect me and I certainly don't respectanyone who doesn't reciprocate- I'm putting you on my blocked list. So don't bother to respond. I won't see it. That's the only way I see forthis matter to finallyget put to rest.

So here is my response.

i extend a hand in friendship and you respond like a high school baby. I didn't make fun of you in any way.

Like any good engineer I did not dismiss Ashby's. On several occasions I quoted Ashby directly and stated whyI disagreed. I read the report and came up with my own conclusions on why it didn't agree with all of it or even why I felt it was irrelevant. Why I did allI kept getting is Ashby wrote it and that's all that matters.I offer a real world solution and you snap and rant on about god knows what.

If you really wanted it to end you would have simply accepted my hand whenI offered it instead of making a complete ass out of yourself.

As for my abilities as an engineer. Please, what a joke to even try to make me feel incompetent. My peers respect me and people 30 yrs older than me respect my abilities. Two years out of college I was troubleshooting and handling a multi-million dollar contract that people with more experience than me where messing-up.

I offered to do a basic test and the offer was accepted. If a more scientific test was asked for I would conduct one. You offer no tests just someone else's report. At least I made the effort.

In conclusion, grow-up and act like a man instead of a child.