HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Lyman, quality & customer service, a Joke
Old 04-16-2007, 11:20 AM
Semisane
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Lyman, quality & customer service, a Joke

Hey WABI! I wonder why LYMAN can send you a replacement breech plug, but can't find one to sell to me?

My trigger was not very good either. I put a little fire lapping compound on the bearing surfaces for one range session, and it smoothed out nicely.

I never did try the fiber optic sights. Put a Leupold 3X9 Veri-X II on it about twenty-minutes after I took it out of the box, and never looked back. No problems with eye relief.

I don't use the wood ramrod at the range. Wood rods do that sort of thing with heavy use - especially ones with brass fittings on the ends. Go with fiberglass, steel, or aluminum at the range.

I can't get better than 1 & 1/2 to 2 inch groups with sabots either. But, oh man, do Hornady Great Plains lead conicals shoot great. I shoot the 410 grain ones over 100 grains (volume) T-7 FFFG and get one ragged hole at 100 yards. Don't know the velocity. I killed my chronograph with a sabot to the face a couple of range sessions back.

Overall, I like this gun a lot.